In the late eighties a bunch of youth from the Kotsahi -Tangi rural pocket developed keen interest towards working on the degraded environment around depleting forests on one side and the rising industrial pollution on the other. The partial success of this movement transformed the small voluntary body into a registered society and it began taking up various issues and development activities.
Empowerment of women Prevention of HIV & AIDS, Care and support to people living with HIV & AIDS, rights of migrant tribal, problem of child labour Promotion of natural environment, community development, poverty alleviation, community health, etc. are our area of intervention with priority. Over the years, USS is also taking up these issues widening its sphere of activity in the direction of its vision & mission.
Name of the organization : Utkal Sevak Samaj
Previous Regd. Address :
At/P.o – Bhagatpur, Via – Kotsahi, Cuttack, PIN-754022 Orissa, India
Present Address :
At – ‘Srijagannathnilayam’, Nuasahi, Gandarpur,
Po : College Square, District : Cuttack, State: Orissa,
India, Pin: 753003
Email : ussngo2014@ gmail.com,
Website : www.utkalsevaksamaj.org
Legal status :
USS is registered under Society Registration ACT XXI 1860 at Cuttack dated 31/07/1989 ; Registration Number 6521/294.Foreign Contribution Regulation Act(FCRA) dated 30th November 1995 with No.104870119.Income Tax 1961 U/S 12 A (a) & U/S 80 G/2 & (5) dated 17.03.2015.
UTKAL SEVAK SAMAJ is certified under ISO 9001:2015 for support & services to the people with poverty & vulnerability.
• Registered on IA HUB (Implementing Agency Hub at Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs Government of India.
• Validated by Charities Aids Foundation (CAF, India) passing through due diligence process.
• Accredited by Credibility Alliance under desirable Norms prescribed for good Governance of voluntary Organizations.
• Exempted under U/S 12 “A” of Income Tax Act.
• Donation to USS is also Exempted U/S 80 “G” (VI) of IT Act.
Download FCRA 2017 Details
Contact Person : Amiya Bhusan Biswal (Secretary)
FROM THE FOUNDER’S DESK
It is a great pleasure for us to share with you about Utkal Sevak Samaj (USS) through our website. USS has completed 25 years of work and during this journey we have enjoyed successes and faced many challenges. These years of journey with ups and downs have been a huge learning experience for us.
In past two and half decades, USS has taken up many program initiatives based on the needs of the community it has been working with. The key areas includes promoting health, education, ensuring livelihood and managing emergenies like flood and cyclone.
Health promotion is key to sustainable developement and it is a priority area of our intervention till today. The organization since its inception has been engaged in maternal amd child health program and still keeps continuing to contribute to the State’s initiatives. HIV and AIDS has been one of our key interventions for the past decade and it is a major area of our work in current programmes. Besides, the organization is implementing other health and development programs related to TB, adolescent health, empowerment of women, livelihood promotion and poverty reduction in an integrated manner to mitigate the problems of the people in the operational area.
The commitment of the USS’s team of workers is inspiring who have often given much more than what was expected. The grantees and donors have always placed their faith in USS’s ability. Credibility, based on transparency, is the main strength of USS that it has always been striving to practice the best norms in human relations and financial management.
I thank all those who support, appreciate, encourage and promote USS thereby promoting the well being of the marginalized.
Amiya Bhusan Biswal
Founder & Secretary, Utkal Sevak Samaj
- Cuttack district for Community Support Centre –VIHAAN Project, Community Mental Health Management Project & Akshya India Global Fund TB Project
- 25 villages under Tangi-Choudwar Block, 25 Villages under Athagarha Block,20 Villages under Salipur Block & 40 Villages under Mahanga block of Cuttack District for Link Worker Scheme project
- Angul, Cuttack, Bolangir, Bhadrak, Balasore & Khurda districts for PPTCT Role out Project
- JSPL of chhendipada & Nisha Block of Angul for TI Project for In Migrants & Akshya India Global Fund TB Project
- Mahanga, Salipur, Nischintakoili, Tangi-choudwar and Narasinghpur Block of Cuttack district for SABALA Project
- Slums of Cuttak City for Mahila Arogya Samiti Programme
- Tribal Women
- Vulnerable Women and Children
- PRI Members
- Adolescent Girls
- MAS Members
- Tribal, Dalits and minorities
- Small & Marginal Farmers
- Slum dwellers
- Child Laborers
- Mentally ill people
- FSW, MSM, TG, Hijra
- People living with TB
- People infected and affected with HIV& AIDS
- General Mother & Children
- Participated Human Resource development planning in voluntary sector facilitated by Dr Prem Chadha
- Participated in the process on development communication and human relation facilitated by Mrs. Judith Karmar,London
- Participated on development prospective planning for voluntary sector facilitated by Dr Mackenson of Germany
- Participated training on STD, HIV & AIDS and Indian Public perception facilitated by Peter Gordon & Bill Gordon of IPPF, London
- Participated the International Conference on HIV & AIDS at Washington DC, USA
- Participated in Training of Trainers on HIV & AIDS organized at Cambodia
- Expose to Disaster Preparedness and relief management at Bangladesh
- Participated in SABALA on life skill education by REACH India collaboration with WCD dept of Govt of Odisha
- Participation on Mainstreaming HIV & AIDS by TISS, Mumbai
- Participation in Management of care and treatment for PLHIVs by IIM, Ahmadabad, Gujurat, India
- Participation on Social Behavior change Communication by CONCERN Worldwide, Bangladesh by Mrs. Gudrun Irland