PC PNDT Project (Pre-Conception & Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques)
The male-female ratio more particularity in the age group of 0-15 years is widening day by day. The male preference continuing from time immemorial has not changed much in the modern society. Interestingly the situation in the urban area is worse than the rural village. It shows more we develop more backward; we are in relation to our preference to child. The invention of ultrasound & eco-imaging machines has contributed a lot to this problem. If it continues, all the young boys may not get a lady to marry resulting so many social, economic & cultural problems in the society. Hence USS has taken below mention steps to combat this problem in the below mentioned manner.
(A) Collection of PC PNDT Act.
(B) Staff orientation in PC PNDT Act.
(C) Orientation of the members of USS management on the above Act
(D) Awareness program on the various provisions of the Act to the beneficiary of other ongoing programs of USS such as all members of
(1) All adulscent girls & Women of Mahila Arogya Samiti & community mobilization programme.
(2) All adulscent girls participant of sabala programme.
(3) All direct beneficiaries of LWS programme (migrant labor, adolescent girls & boys)
More details can be found at the following website under ministry of health and family welfare, Govt. of India
- Community Development
- Income Generation programs for Poor & Marginalized
- Promotion of Self Help Processes among Women
- Promotion of sustainable agriculture among tribal women
- Strengthening local self Governance and advocacy on rights of marginalized
- Training of Women PRI representatives on their duties and rights.